Saving Lives by Increasing Awareness of Cancer-Associated Thrombosis (CAT)
Marking World Thrombosis Day, the European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) together with the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) and its World Thrombosis Day (WTD) campaign will launch the report of the first survey ever on awareness of Cancer-Associated Thrombosis among cancer patients.
Preliminary results indicate that 72% of cancer patients were not aware of their increased risk of developing thrombosis. In fact, people living with cancer have a 4x higher risk of developing a blood clot than the general population.
- MEP Deirdre Clune (EPP, Ireland)
- Anna Falanga MD, Chairman of the ETHA, ISTH
- Lydia Makaroff, Director of the European Cancer Patient Coalition
- MEP Lieve Wierinck (ALDE, Belgium)
- Dr Fionnuala Nì Ainle, MD, PhD, Member of the WTD Steering Committee, ISTH
- A former CAT Patient (TBA)
To confirm your attendance, please register here